Temperature gauge on 12.3” screen.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I think I’m correct in assuming the temp is fine when the blue line goes from the centre to the bottom. However I noticed twice on my recent run to Oxford and back that half way through the journey the blue line disappeared, only to come back later in the journey.

Is this a software blip or is the fan so good it cools the engine that well?

Anyone else had this issue?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Software/sensor blip I reckon, doubt the engine went stone cold mid journey.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:11 pm Software/sensor blip I reckon, doubt the engine went stone cold mid journey.
Looks like that. I’ll keep an eye on it. A little disconcerting at 70mph but I guess the car would warn me if it was overheating.

On another note - the car went superbly! 52mpg at a steady 71mph in intelligent cruise. Head wind most of the way down as well.

I’m finding the car much more comfy than my 2016 Focus Titanium. Lovely to drive by comparison.
Mike

Post by Mike »

probably either a sensor or software issue, worth mentioning to the dealer then it is noted and see if it happens again.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 pm probably either a sensor or software issue, worth mentioning to the dealer then it is noted and see if it happens again.

Good point. I’ll email him now as it’s getting picked up in the next week or so. Back in for another paint run to sort and to check the rear discs. On the latter he said many are worse now due to not having asbestos in them.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Ok.

We did a drive from York to Skipton yesterday and I kept an eye on the gauge. What happened was after a few miles it went solid blue up to half way, then it didn’t actually disappear but on closer inspection the solid blue turned grey.

Not sure if it’s meant to do this?
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Only thing I can see is this, in the Owners Manual but hopefully the dealer will investigate next week.

Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge
At normal operating temperature, the needle remains in the centre section. If the needle enters the red section, the engine is overheating. Stop your vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so, switch the engine off and allow it to cool.
Note: The system reduces the engine speed if you continue to operate the engine at a high engine speed.
Note: Do not restart the engine until the cause of overheating has been determined and resolved.

Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Lamp
If it illuminates when your vehicle is moving, this indicates that the engine is overheating. Stop your vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so and switch the engine off. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I’ve sussed it 🙈

It changes from Blue to Grey when you go into Sport Mode!

Silly little things I’m still learning 😉👍
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm I’ve sussed it 🙈

Ah, yes. I've noticed this too. I was wondering why, but your explanation fits perfectly.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

cianpars wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:39 am
Stoopo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm I’ve sussed it 🙈

Ah, yes. I've noticed this too. I was wondering why, but your explanation fits perfectly.
It was a bit concerning whilst driving at 70mph down the M1. ;-)