Android Auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

@sparks. The phone is there anyway and I have trialled Waze, Google maps, Sygic and TomTom Amigo and for me Amigo picks up more Speed Cameras of all types than the others. It is also "realtime". So that's why I use two devices. I don't use voice control so it's not an issue that the Ford navigation is lacking in that area.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

pumaman wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:28 am Although it sounds as if the AAwireless power consumption is low, have you checked to see if the USB ports are permanently live or do they power down with the ignition/leaving the car? I'm tempted to order one, thanks for the info on the AAwireless.
AFAIK the USB power down, though not immediately, when the car is turned off. There have been no reports from the thousands being used of any significant power drain.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

JFDIT wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 am @sparks. The phone is there anyway and I have trialled Waze, Google maps, Sygic and TomTom Amigo and for me Amigo picks up more Speed Cameras of all types than the others. It is also "realtime". So that's why I use two devices. I don't use voice control so it's not an issue that the Ford navigation is lacking in that area.
Whatever works for you, I use voice navigation and control so that works for me. I'm not knocking your choices, I'm only posting the info because this is an 'Android Auto' thread.
I've not used Amigo so can't comment on it, Perhaps a thread on it may garner other supporters and you never know, converts?... ;) :)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

cianpars wrote: ↑Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:36 pm Thanks Sparks. That certainly looks like an interesting concept. Having to plug the phone in every time I get in and out of the car is a real pain.

I guess it won't be long before these become mainstream
Finally have the AAWireless box fitted in the car. Took about 3 minutes to get it all up and running which included an OTA update.
Works flawlessly, no need to plug the phone in every time, just get into the car and the box picks up AA from the phone before within 10 seconds.
Everything works within AA and there is no lag on any of the apps.
So, bye bye Sync 3 and it's map updates... :D
4 months over original delivery date, due to chip shortages and shipping restrictions from China etc etc. To be expected from a start-up company though, I must say, worth the wait.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Any pics on your set-up Sparks, sounds just the job, might have a look at getting one if it's not too pricey πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm Any pics on your set-up Sparks, sounds just the job, might have a look at getting one if it's not too pricey πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚
I'll take a pic tomorrow, but, there really is nothing to see....It really small and comes with a USB cable. I've just plugged it into the armrest box and left it in there out of the way. I am going to velcro it to the inside of the box so I can still use the box....Here's a pic to be going on with just to give an idea of size...

AAWdevice-20210411_145709-1280.jpg

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

That's quite a tidy size, good idea re the velcro, had a look on the website they're about Β£62 so not bad but I think that'll come down a bit, personally I'm going to hang off at the mo but it looks the bizπŸ‘πŸ™‚
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:04 am That's quite a tidy size, good idea re the velcro, had a look on the website they're about Β£62 so not bad but I think that'll come down a bit, personally I'm going to hang off at the mo but it looks the bizπŸ‘πŸ™‚
Not put the Velcro on yet, but it fits nicely into the recess next to the USB.....Still working perfectly, couldn't do without it now.
If you want one the delivery time is a bit lengthy, I think if you order now, you will get it in January sometime.
The price fluctuates with exchange rates etc.

20211029_140538.jpg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Quick update....
This little thing is amazing. I've tested it all around town and on a couple of longer trips and it's not missed a beat.
I don't even think about it now, start up and it's into Android Auto within 5 seconds. Everything is instant with no lag from the touch screen.
The phone just stays in my pocket, no messing with cables etc.
If the chip crisis ever ends and they get it into the stores it will fly off the shelves.
Definitely one start up company it was worth investing in.... :D
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Sparks wrote: ↑Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:20 am Quick update....
This little thing is amazing. I've tested it all around town and on a couple of longer trips and it's not missed a beat.
I don't even think about it now, start up and it's into Android Auto within 5 seconds. Everything is instant with no lag from the touch screen.
The phone just stays in my pocket, no messing with cables etc.
If the chip crisis ever ends and they get it into the stores it will fly off the shelves.
Definitely one start up company it was worth investing in.... :D
Still happy with it then Sparks? I just think that having wired Android Auto and a wireless charging pad in the car is a pain. Be happier if I can connect to something like this and charge my phone through the wireless pad at the same time
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP