Two Short Horn Blasts

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I know that if I try and lock the car with the key inside it'll give two short Horn Blasts as a warning and not lock the car. Excellent news, great idea.

However, my little darling appears to be developing a new interpretation of this feature by which it occasionally gives two short Horn Blasts for no apparent reason. Today, I was waiting for the wife, parked up, she opened and closed the boot and before she got to the passenger door two short Horn Blasts. Last week in a petrol station I got back into the car, and a few seconds later two short Horn Blasts. The large guy in front of me thought I was having a go at him. This car is dangerous!
It's done in now half a dozen times and can't work out why.
Anyone else experiencing this behaviour?
Anyone want to buy a 21 Plate 155 Puma?

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sounds odd. Have you tried using your other key fob. At least by process of elimination you can narrow it down.

You can also knock this off in settings. Look for misslock chirp and uncheck.
Deleted User 702

Excellent idea. Thanks. I'll turn it off in settings before it causes a fight!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Are you certain your not catching the fob when getting in.?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 702

I know I bought the thing, but how stupid do you think I am!
Anyway, I was sitting peacefully today waiting for the wife to return. No key fobs were harmed during this time.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Calm down
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
kevmond

Post by kevmond »

Are all doors closed properly?
White ST with Performance pack.
Deleted User 702

Yep. Always driven off without incident. Turned off the warning sounds so hopefully I won't have to hear it now.

Also noticed that normally when the tailgate closes it makes an annoying warning sound. And sometimes it doesn't.... Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm not bothered by it, in fact I prefer it closing silently, but wonder if it's indicative of some other defect.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:56 pm Also noticed that normally when the tailgate closes it makes an annoying warning sound. And sometimes it doesn't.... Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm not bothered by it, in fact I prefer it closing silently, but wonder if it's indicative of some other defect.
Mine doesn’t make the sound if I close it and am not under/behind it (eg if I push the button from the corner and walk away)

I assumed it was detecting me when behind it and giving the warning (as it can detect obstructions)

But I could be wrong and it might be random I guess
Deleted User 702

@tonyt2021, I thought that too but I'm unable to recreate the no warning bong. Interestingly, just got warning that car is going into deep sleep (another issue) and the warning bong was only coming from the dash. Also warning bong happens when closing tailgate from dash button so unlikely to be related to being stood behind vehicle.
I'll share with dealer Monday when they have it back for various issues.