Panel gaps....

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

....are a little inconsistent to say the least 👎 but I'm defo not having the garage mucking about for the sake of a few mm and ending up with worse scenario 😉🙄

20210616_131623.jpg

20210616_131454.jpg

Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue

Mike

Post by Mike »

They all seem to be the same, very inconsistent on the gaps but that is quite bad
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

I noticed also that the offside headlight is sitting a bit prouder than the nearside, when your driving it's quite noticeable, I'm trying hard not to let it bother me too much, I may get this looked at next time I pass by the dealership.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

The tailgate is the worst on mine. Significant difference in gap between where the the spoiler meets the body each side. Don't fancy the dealer messing about with it.
Might mention it tomorrow though when it goes back for the disc brake failure mentioned in another thread. Might also mention the acceleration problem also mentioned in another thread.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:30 am The tailgate is the worst on mine. Significant difference in gap between where the the spoiler meets the body each side. Don't fancy the dealer messing about with it.
Might mention it tomorrow though when it goes back for the disc brake failure mentioned in another thread. Might also mention the acceleration problem also mentioned in another thread.
Seems like the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives on the car, build quality seems to be lacking, that's worrying about your brake disc failing, hope you get it sorted 👍
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

We started reporting quality faults way back in early 2020. Just a pity they haven't learnt from them. I have started to look to trade in.
STer

Post by STer »

I must admit that this is ONE of the reason why I favour getting pre reg cars. You can go straight to a dealership wherever it is, and see the car there and then and go over this stuff. Worst case then is if you spot something awful, you got a drive back home empty handed. Beats 'your' new car arriving after X amounts of months waiting, to stand there spotting all sorts and wondering if you are going to go back inside and say 'sorry mate, I don't want it anymore'.
Mike

Post by Mike »

There are a lot of positives with the Puma but the negs are starting to mount up more so for some owners. I know all cars have issues and forums tend to bring the neg points out but between build quality, battery, brake issues and let’s not start about sync updates I won’t be replacing it with another. Ford know how to build a good car just not sure what happened with the puma.
manc

Post by manc »

I was luckily with mine, I bought the one in the showroom, so could see it directly, 5 miles on the clock
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Mike

Post by Mike »

My panels aren’t too bad although the rear arch trims had to be stuck back on again after they were out of alignment with the doors. Dealer stepped up and sorted it along with a couple of other minor issues shortly after collection.