Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Post Reply
Stevep999
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by Stevep999 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm

When I updated my Kuga it was within hours
PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition in Agate Black with comfort pack :-)

PaulD
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by PaulD » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:34 am

I just successfully did the Sync update .
I use a Mac but no issues .
in the car it took just 10 minutes , it went like clockwork.
but still no surround option .....
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....

User avatar
sinlessUK
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by sinlessUK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 am

SYNC3_882801116_Update.zip applied via USB. Took 10 mins from start to finish. Used following instructions https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... -Guide.pdf

SYNC & Maps software update TAB sill shows same outstanding update but will give FORD a week to process my Update Log submission.
Ford Puma 1.0 Ecoboost 155 ST-Line X | Solar Silver

veng92
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:53 am

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by veng92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 am

Just did mine with no issues, took just over 10 mins. Only annoyance is no release notes, there's not a whole lot of incentive to update if we don't know what changes to expect..
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by Sparks » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 am

sinlessUK wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 am
SYNC3_882801116_Update.zip applied via USB. Took 10 mins from start to finish. Used following instructions https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... -Guide.pdf

SYNC & Maps software update TAB sill shows same outstanding update but will give FORD a week to process my Update Log submission.
They are still saying mine has an update 5 days after submitting update confirmation.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition...Frozen White.

Spearmint
Posts: 464
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by Spearmint » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Just updated the Kuga maps, uploaded the file and it recognised it straight away, the Puma update file, uploaded it, nothing, ran the troubleshooting update back up file, uploaded it to the website, still nothing,..

Has anyone had their Puma update recognised on the Sync website?

Out of interest, tried to install the Kuga F9 maps, wasn't compatible with 3.4, Kuga runs 3.0

Gavin
ST Line X
First Edition Plus
Agate Black

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by Sparks » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Spearmint wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Just updated the Kuga maps, uploaded the file and it recognised it straight away, the Puma update file, uploaded it, nothing, ran the troubleshooting update back up file, uploaded it to the website, still nothing,..

Has anyone had their Puma update recognised on the Sync website?

Out of interest, tried to install the Kuga F9 maps, wasn't compatible with 3.4, Kuga runs 3.0

Gavin
Mines still saying an update is available after a week...Map up to date (according to them).
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition...Frozen White.

simesa
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:23 am

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by simesa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 am

I can’t get my car to accept the USB sticks - I’ve two - one is 4Gb the other 64Gb and both formatted properly on a PC.

Both get a USB device not supported...

paulv
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by paulv » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:41 am

just tried to update mine - after 35 minutes in car saying 'updating system software' i gave up :(

seems to take around 10 mins for others so not sure why - i followed the instructions provided

any thoughts?
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D

User avatar
Sparks
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Sync software update !!!

Post by Sparks » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:44 am

paulv wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:41 am
just tried to update mine - after 35 minutes in car saying 'updating system software' i gave up :(

seems to take around 10 mins for others so not sure why - i followed the instructions provided

any thoughts?
It took about 14 minutes in mine, but, in my Fiesta it would take over 30. I just used to leave the USB connected and it did it within a couple of drives. You could try that.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition...Frozen White.

Post Reply