Rarity on the Road

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I would choose a craptur,as it looks quite stylish and can get quite alot of spec on one to I could be tempted if I could get a good deal on one,I was looking at skoda scala or a kamiq,just hard to find anything with the spec of the puma,,just the prices at the moment,a non hybrid titanium in grey matter is about 20.5 k,just waiting for the prices to drop,I might have to compromise on spec ,if I get a titanium with driver assist pack and power tailgate then I will be happy with that as those extras are the ones I want the most

STer

Post by STer »

Ali7487 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:48 pm ,I was looking at skoda scala or a kamiq,
The Monte Carlo 1.5 Kamiq gets good reviews. The thing is, it isn't cheap (surprised, as I'd never really looked at Skodas. I mistakenly thought they were cheap, price wise). The seem to have good reviews, if seen as a bit boring. And basic stuff like a rev camera and blind spot monitoring, which I reckon are needed on a crossover, adds on some serious cash. And of course if something isn't standard, it makes finding a pre reg, or a 'nearly new' one harder if you want them on it.
Of course the PUMA ST has to have the pack as an extra if you want a camera, blind spot etc. I think it's a bit rich asking for 30 or so £K (the PUMA ST) and expect you to add on pretty basic stuff for the class.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I overcome the lack of reversing camera and blind spot warning by moving my head 😉.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Your right,you shouldn't have to pay extra for stuff on the st,ford are making you cough up for everything pretty much
STer

Post by STer »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:10 pm I overcome the lack of reversing camera and blind spot warning by moving my head 😉.
When you are bequeathed with my spacial awareness genetics, you need all the help you can get
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:10 pm I overcome the lack of reversing camera and blind spot warning by moving my head 😉.
Say's everyone without one.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
alanp

Post by alanp »

I could never be without a reverse camera, it’s a must have on any future cars I get
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
STer

Post by STer »

Ali7487 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:18 pm catch up with the pukes
Ali, I have a confession to make. And with confessions, sometimes coming clean, laying it on the table, being open and honest may see you finding it withing your heart to forgive me :D

Ali, in the family, and something which I drive regularly (as in most days), there is a 'Puke' Nismo RS. There, I've admitted it. And not only is a puke Nismo RS part of the family, but I made (well, me and my Mrs made) a conscious decision to buy it. We were not forced in any way. Heck we welcomed it.

Jokes aside, I actually like it. It's a crazy car with, uh, an engine and none of that hybrid c**p. It's pretty quick, got a limited slip differential and wants to finish off the driver whenever he gets into it lol Many of the reviews say it's pants, but I disagree. A youtuber comment on a review said that the reviewers talk about wheel spins, torque steer etc, but (the youtube commenter said) once you get rid of the AWFUL OEM Conti Sport Contact 5 tyres, and put on Pilot Sport 4, the car is totally different. The comment is right on the money. Going beyond the styling which of course is an acquired taste, it's quirky, weird and characterful and for what it is used for now- the mrs taking it a day a week to work, me pottering about, taking the dog out in it, it's great. And given it has got the 'Tech Pack', that has an awesome 360 degree camera which does a 'normal' rev camera, a front camera, a birdseye view mode and a side view of the near side front wheel for when parking up by a curb., as well as LEDs and blind spot etc etc

So confession over Ali, there it is, I have a puke on my drive, albeit the 'Jizmo' RS version, and even worse, I quite like it :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

RS Clio underneath aren't they? 👍
STer

Post by STer »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:56 am RS Clio underneath aren't they? 👍
Yes, and if you look on AutoTrader etc, lots are still going with chunky high miles, which bodes well.
It's a strange car. I drive it in sport mode permanently, and it's got a good pick up, but the turbo don't spool up till 2.5+ revs and it's a bit torque limited in 1st gear. It tries to finish you off sometimes too, when if you exit a tight bend and floor it in 2nd, if the road you're going onto is a bit iffy, it can torque steer/hop to the side. The LSD is supposed to stop that, but it don't. The pilot Sport 4 tyres transformed the car overall. I thought the brakes were a bit soft when I first got it, but the first brake I did after putting the Pilots on, they transformed it.
I've had it as a pre reg with 30 or so miles, at the turn of '18. It drinks Ron 99 only (Momentum/V Power or, recently Esso supreme) and every drop I've put in it has been one of those.
Touch wood it's been very reliable (37K miles). I had engine mounts done last October though, under warranty. The sign was it as clicking when turning right.

I'm 'imagining that the Puma ST will be kind of like a better version.
The Jizmo Rs has got character though. The sought of crazy kind which I doubt will be made again any time soon.
I thought they were going to make a Nismo version of the new style Juke. But fat chance of that I reckon. Unless they shove some hybrid or something on it, I can't see them making a 1.6 four cylinder with no eco stuff. Pity, but they've seemed to have just stuck with the singular 1L weasel engine in the new puke. Their cars seem to have lost any edge in their range. They seem to be a motability brand now.