My little beauty!

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

tonyt2021 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:00 am
Andy K wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:51 am
Ali7487 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:05 pm Is fhat a hybrid or non hybrid?
Mild Hybrid. Aren’t they all?
No, mines non-hybrid
It seems mine is also. See my post below.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost. All Options (exc. sunroof). Grey Matter.

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

The ecoboost is a great engine ,awesome economy,whats it like on fuel ?,hope you got it for a good price ,last year prives where between 17500 and 19500 for titaniums with all optiins,they wernt hybrids,first editions were as low as £16999,but the prives have gone through the roof into the realms of the unaffordable to people such as myself
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

It certainly looks a beauty. I’m sure it will drive great and give you much happiness.

Enjoy. I’ve had the 125 ecoboost in the Focus and it went really well.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Ali7487 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:13 pm The ecoboost is a great engine ,awesome economy,whats it like on fuel ?,hope you got it for a good price ,last year prives where between 17500 and 19500 for titaniums with all optiins,they wernt hybrids,first editions were as low as £16999,but the prives have gone through the roof into the realms of the unaffordable to people such as myself
What are prives? And why have prices gone through the roof do you think?
Haven’t done any long journeys yet, but local runarounds here in the countryside are returning 48 mpg.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Prices have shot up due to the shortage of new cars - due to semi conductor shortages.

WBAC are offering me £2170 more than I paid in May with an extra 3k on the clock.

I’ve seen dealers asking £27k + for my motor which is more than the list price.

Madness.
Deleted User 135

Prives ,prices lol,stupid semi conductor shortage,greeds got alot to do with it also,its a shit though it means that people are being priced out of pumas,that semi conductor shprtage excuse can only go so far,I saw a skoda scala 1.0 on a 70 plate for £19000 with power tailgate,rear camera,glass roof,heated seats digital dash etc,I know its not a puma,but ford are ripping people off it seems
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Ali7487 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 pm Prives ,prices lol,stupid semi conductor shortage,greeds got alot to do with it also,its a shit though it means that people are being priced out of pumas,that semi conductor shprtage excuse can only go so far,I saw a skoda scala 1.0 on a 70 plate for £19000 with power tailgate,rear camera,glass roof,heated seats digital dash etc,I know its not a puma,but ford are ripping people off it seems
Ah, thank you. Well, that explains some of the delayed delivery dates I was quoted when I was looking at new. Especially the titanium model which I wanted for the look and reported softer ride. I feel even better about my deal now, as the car was exactly what I wanted in terms of trim and extra goodies. With well under 5000 miles on the clock. It’s going to be fun!
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Ali7487 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 pm Prives ,prices lol,stupid semi conductor shortage,greeds got alot to do with it also,its a shit though it means that people are being priced out of pumas,that semi conductor shprtage excuse can only go so far,I saw a skoda scala 1.0 on a 70 plate for £19000 with power tailgate,rear camera,glass roof,heated seats digital dash etc,I know its not a puma,but ford are ripping people off it seems
They will only get those prices if people are willing to pay.

It’s like Campervans and Motor Homes at the moment - supply and demand has put at least £10k on many of them. In the camper world they call it “Covid tax”. Like you with the Puma, I’m waiting until things settle before I consider buying a camper.

I guess a few will catch a cold on this when they come to sell.
Deleted User 135

How are you finding the puma now you have had it for a few months?do you feels its good under load,enough power ? Good on fuel? Im looking at buying a puma once used prices stabilize and return to near beging of 2020 levals
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Mine is great. No issues at all. Yes, ideally I would want a bit more grunt from the engine, but given the high price of fuel, the gauge has settled around 45 mpg, which given that I tend to drive locally is great. My only issue, is the clunkyness of the audio system. Moving between sources is incredibly long winded. For example, album browsing is very slow to load on start up. I can see this as being a safety issue as I’m sure some drivers will be searching their music files on the move which is not a good thing. A big thumbs up for the sound though. I was initially underwhelmed by the B&O system, but like most speaker systems, it’s performance has got better and better. So overall, I could be more pleased.