Impossible dream

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 pm Shame you weren’t happy with the fuel economy. What’s on your radar as a replacement?
Yes it is a shame as the rest of the car was great. I still think it's one of the best looking cars on the road today, especially in that colour with those wheels!

We're going electric.. got a stonking lease deal on a Mokka-e, with wall charger included too. It's due end of January so let's see how that will pan out.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Nice car. I looked at some YouTube reviews of those only last week.

Good luck with it.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

asl3312 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:24 am
NeilS wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 pm Shame you weren’t happy with the fuel economy. What’s on your radar as a replacement?
Yes it is a shame as the rest of the car was great. I still think it's one of the best looking cars on the road today, especially in that colour with those wheels!

We're going electric.. got a stonking lease deal on a Mokka-e, with wall charger included too. It's due end of January so let's see how that will pan out.
My wife has been looking at the Mokka, nice car except for the piano black interior, absolutely spoils the car IMO. If not for that we would have ordered one already.
Does everyone with the automatic get such bad mpg, or, was yours a one off?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
bbtablet

Post by bbtablet »

Wowzz - I had a Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier - nice car at the time.
However!
Daily Event:
Started first time every morning - off to the local parade of shops;
Walk back to the car with paper, milk, etc, to a nicely warmed up engine;
Wouldn't start! - every blooming time! - had to hang on the starter button until nearly flattening the battery before it would catch.

Nothing more embarrassing than vainly churning it over and over in front of all your mates and neighbours!
Lucid red Puma ST Line X 155
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:07 am Nice car. I looked at some YouTube reviews of those only last week.

Good luck with it.
Thanks. Still gonna miss the Puma though.

If anyone in the Manchester / N.West area is after a nearly new condition OEM Ford rubber boot liner... Hit me up :D
Last edited by asl3312 on Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:42 am
asl3312 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:24 am

My wife has been looking at the Mokka, nice car except for the piano black interior, absolutely spoils the car IMO. If not for that we would have ordered one already.
Does everyone with the automatic get such bad mpg, or, was yours a one off?
I don't know why manufacturers insist on piano black interiors - they're absolute finger print and scratch magnets.
I have seen others with the auto complain of getting a similar economy to ours, but I personally think it's down to journey type. Short around town trips just seem to tank the mpg.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Im seriously thinking about giving on a puma,thats why i started this thread to talk about my impossible dream,its like the prospect of the puma gets more and more out of reach by rhe week,,i danent apply for pcp because i know i will be turned down flat
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

All cars are the same. My son has been looking at Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais and every model seems to be cheaper new that second hand.

The madness will end soon. Hang on in there.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

If the chip shortage lasts into 2023 there'll be no respite. I haven't heard of any manufacturer who's delivery dates are less than 6 months.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Gets hard sometimes though,I know it will be worth the wait eventually,it took me almost 3 years to get the fiesta after It came out,just gets abit disheartening thats all with the way prices have shot up,its not like im after a bugatti or a rolls lol