Impossible dream

Post pictures of your Ford Puma here
alanp

Post by alanp »

I’ve just idly been speccing up a Toyota Yaris cross, they offered me £22,250 in px for my puma ( online)
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

It makes people like me who have always liked fords think about looking elsewhere because pumas are getting to expensive,I mean Im sure I could probably get a 2022 fiesta for less than £20k in 6 to 8 months time with digital dashboard,comfort pack,,driver assist pack and panoramic roof,after all the puma and and fiesta are based on the same platform and have nearly the same interior
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

asl3312 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 pm We have just sold ours back to Ford 6 months & 4000 miles later for almost what we paid. it's now up for sale at over £1k more than we bought it for
What made you get rid of your one?
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

NeilS wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:55 pm
asl3312 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 pm We have just sold ours back to Ford 6 months & 4000 miles later for almost what we paid. it's now up for sale at over £1k more than we bought it for
We we're sorry to see it go tbh.. It was a brilliant car, lovely and smooth to drive and really well spec'd but.. it was just too thirsty, we were paying in excess of £100 per month in fuel for not much mileage. Around town it was very poor on fuel, and unfortunately this accounted for at least 90% of the journeys. There were only a couple of months when the MPG exceeded 40, and that was skewed by long motorway runs.

With the crazy way the nearly new prices are at the minute, it seemed like a good time to make the change.

If anyone wants to give the old girl a good home, it's for sale here https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-ca ... hatchback/ :(
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

asl3312 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:51 pm
We we're sorry to see it go tbh.. It was a brilliant car, lovely and smooth to drive and really well spec'd but.. it was just too thirsty, we were paying in excess of £100 per month in fuel for not much mileage. Around town it was very poor on fuel, and unfortunately this accounted for at least 90% of the journeys. There were only a couple of months when the MPG exceeded 40, and that was skewed by long motorway runs.

With the crazy way the nearly new prices are at the minute, it seemed like a good time to make the change.

If anyone wants to give the old girl a good home, it's for sale here https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-ca ... hatchback/ :(
Very nice looking car but that price is pretty high , but they must think they can get that or very near. It if was manual and 40-50 mpg would you of kept it ?
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

pompeydave wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Very nice looking car but that price is pretty high , but they must think they can get that or very near. It if was manual and 40-50 mpg would you of kept it ? Reason I ask is sometimes after getting a new car you realise it’s just not for you. Take my 71 plate Seat Ibiza FR for example , test drove a lower powered one but ordered the higher powered one and it seems far less refined etc etc. But like you said prices are high so I’m selling back to dealer in a couple of weeks if / when my puma titanium arrives for the same price.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

pompeydave wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Very nice looking car but that price is pretty high , but they must think they can get that or very near. It if was manual and 40-50 mpg would you of kept it ?
So it's 6 months & 4000 miles older than when we bought it for just shy of £26k.. that dealer gave us the best price for it, others were offering £22 - 23k.

If it was the manual then I don't think we would have bought it in the first place as we really wanted to go automatic for our next car, but yes if the mpg was better it would have stayed without a doubt.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Shame you weren’t happy with the fuel economy. What’s on your radar as a replacement?
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Ali7487 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 pm Looks life it will be an impossible dream for a couple more years,if not I will just think f**k it and not bother,I feel like sometimes its a futile exorcise trying to buy a puma,
Do you want to buy my Arona- great car !
I'm not quite sure why you are so fixated on the Puma. Yes, it may be good, but at the end of the day it's just a mass produced car, and owning a Captur, or Juke or Kona for 3 or 4 years will not be the end of the world.
I should know - I had a Vauxhall Cavalier for three years (although it was an SRi !)
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I am fixated with the puma,after seeing them for real and reading the reviews also hearing the praise of them on this forum,I to had a cavalier 2.0 cdi mk3 had that one for 3 years it was an automatic with nearly everything on it,which for a 1990,s car was awesome,I had a focus titanium x mk3 with the 1.0 125 ecoboost engine,I loved that car before it got wtitten off,that too had everything including auto park,after that I bought my mk8 fiesta,it got alot of stuff on it including winter pack,panoramic roof adaptive cruise etc its the titanium play edition so has the full b and o play system to,I like the interior of the fiesta and its a comfortable car over long distances ,it has been 10000% reliable for 3 years in my ownership,the puma is abit bigger than the fiesta but not a massive suv,I would like the bigger boot and the mega box to for camping trips that myself and my famiy are planning to d go in the future, the puma feels the right car for me,its also the pumas shape and lines to,few of the cars I have owned have had that shape where I can park the car and look back at it and think gorgeous,the focus had it, the puma dose to,so yes I am fixated with the puma,its on of the cars I have got to own,the focus was,the cavalier was to